VISITING MY FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER IN THE KANE COUNTY JAIL
HOW CAN I VISIT MY FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER IN THE KANE COUNTY JAIL?
Here is a link which will take you directly to the Kane County Jail Web site:
We have summarized some of the information here for your quick review, however, more complete information and rules are available at the website:
While visitation is extremely limited for friends and families, Attorneys can meet with an inmate seven days a week. Lawyers from Russo Law Offices make regular jails visits to prepare for trial and/or jail release hearings. We also make visits to verify jail conditions and wellness of inmates, when necessary. Contact Russo Law offices for a criminal defense attorney today.
Registering For and Scheduling a Visit
The first step in the visitation process is for the Detainee/inmate to complete an “Approved Visitors List.” This list is then comprised of names that the Detainee has requested and then allowed to visit
Only those on the Detainee’s “Approved Visitors List” are allowed to visit:
Spouse, Parents, Grandparents, Brothers and/or Sisters, Children, Grandchildren and One Significant Other (this can be anyone of the Detainee’s choosing).
An approved visitor also needs to register as a user in the system
- During the registration process, new users are required to create a username and password.
- Write the username and password down as it must be retained and cannot be retrieved.
- Service representatives at the Kane County Sheriff’s Office cannot retrieve this information for you at a later date.
- A visitation appointment can be made after the registration process is completed.
Visitation days and hours vary and may be altered for holidays or security reasons
- During the scheduling process you will see available days and times.
- All visits must be scheduled at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance.
- Visits can be scheduled up to seven (7) days in advance.
Each Detainee is allowed one (1) visiting group per week. The visiting group may consist of up to three (3) persons in any of the following combinations.
- One (1) adult.
- One (1) adult and one (1) child.
- Two (2) adults and one (1) child.
Each visit is thirty (30) minutes in length. You may only visit one detainee per day.
To Register for or Schedule a visit, go to https://www.legacyinmate.com/prepaid/